Interact and assist customers directly, contribute to knowledgebases, and expand your experience in game and systems administration by being exposed to multiple environments and game server software. Special consideration is available to those willing to work second shifts, overnights and weekends.
- Excellent communication skills
- Introductory knowledge of systems administration in Linux and/or Windows environments
- Strong desire to expand technical skills through exposure to a wide variety of platforms and operating systems
- Ability to learn quickly and troubleshoot and fix anything
- Game Server administration is a plus
Build, maintain, and deploy systems for a wide variety of gaming platforms on Windows and Linux platforms.
- 3+ years' admin experience in Linux or Windows Server
- Experienced with common monitoring solutions such as Nagios
- Tenacious troubleshooting skills
- Is familiar with shell scripting
- Pays close attention to detail and organization
- Able to conduct independent research and present solutions
- Sound knowledge of security best practices
Gameservers' Network Administration team plans, manages, expands and optimizes network performance for global clients 24/7 across our many worldwide points of presence.
- 3+ years networking and experience in Linux/Unix administration
- Demonstrate in-depth understanding of local and wide area network technologies and topologies, including VLANs, 802.1Q, 802.3ad, and LACP
- Has a working knowledge of logical network services (DNS, DHCP, etc.)
- Capable of working on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Delivers comprehensive technical assessments on proposed solutions
- Able to interface with upstream providers and facility management
- On-call as required to address high priority/emergency situations
- Has experience with BGP, OSPF and MPLS
- Brocade/Foundry equipment experience (FastIron, TurboIron, NetIron) a plus
- CCNA certification a plus
Gameservers development team creates, maintains and improves proprietary software that power our worldwide game deployment systems and optimize the end-user experience.
- 3+ years object oriented development in PHP
- 2+ years administration experience in Linux/FreeBSD systems (hobbyist? OK!)
- Experience with Perl, Bash, C++, and/or Ruby a plus
- Experienced in SQL design and utilization
- Demonstrated creative trouble shooting, problem solving and analytical skills
- Focused on optimization and attention to detail