Effective Date ___9/2/2005___
Last Updated: ___5/01/2006___
A. The operative parties referred to in this policy are COMPANY and you, the user of this site.
1. ClanServers Hosting, LLC, is the publisher and operator of the web site www.GameServers.com. Hereinafter referred to as “COMPANY”. When first-person pronouns are used in this Policy, (us, we, our, ours, etc.) these provisions are referring to ClanServers Hosting, LLC. d/b/a www.GameServers.com. Additionally, when the terms “The SITE” or “SITE” are used, these terms refer to www.GameServers.com.
2. You, the User – As the user of this site, this policy will refer to the user as “you” or through any second-person pronouns, such as “yours,” etc. Hereinafter, the user of the site shall be referred to in applicable second-person pronouns.
II. Revisions to this Policy
We reserve the right to revise, amend, or modify this policy and our other policies and agreements at any time and in any manner. You should periodically check for any modifications of this Policy by re-visiting this web page and using the “refresh” button on your browser. You should note the date of last revision to this Policy, which appears at the top of this Policy. If the “last modified” date remains unchanged after you have clicked the “refresh” button on your browser, you may presume that no changes have been made since the last reading of the policy. A changed “last modified” dates indicates that this Policy has been updated or edited, and the updated or edited version supersedes any prior versions immediately upon posting.
III. Personal information that we collect
Visitors to our site and services will have multiple manners of interactivity with us. Depending upon your level of interaction, we will collect different information about you. The type of information collected is as follows:
A. Members - Members are those users who subscribe to our services will be prompted to provide their name, their address, their age, their phone number, and any other necessary billing information. .
B. Players - Players are those users of the site who interact with us through a subscriber member. Any personal information submitted to us by Players is submitted via Paypal, which is an external site. Accordingly, we collect no specific personal information from Players unless otherwise noted.
C. Posters - Posters are visitors to our site who choose to register to post information in our public forums. Minimal information is sought from Posters, and no actual personally identifying information must be submitted in order to become a Poster. Nevertheless, any information entered voluntarily by the Poster should be considered to be considered public information or information that is publicly available. If you do not wish for information to be made public, you should not enter it into your user profile when registering as a Poster.
D. Browsers - Browsers are visitors to the site who never enter into any active data collection pages. Any information gathered from Browsers is also gathered from Posters, Players, and Members. This information is restricted to cookies, IP Addresses and Referral URLs, and other passive information gathering devises (explained below).
IV. How we collect information from you
B. Active Collection – we collect information from you when you complete registration forms to sign up for your membership on our Site. Locations for such collection are registration pages, such as https:\www.GameServers.com\order\step2.php but we reserve the right to add additional information collection portals.
V. How we use your information
The primary use for your information is to provide you with services you have requested and/or paid for. We also use your information to deliver customized services to you. Non-personal and aggregate information, such as that collected passively is used in order to customize our marketing efforts or to customize the use of our site for an aggregate group of customers. We additionally will use personal information of users whose membership have expired or have been cancelled in order to market our services to these individuals in the future.
We generally will use your information for the purposes for which you specifically provide it, for example, to ensure payment for subscription services. We also use your information for market research purposes – in order to increase your (and other users’) experience according to tracked interests, to analyze and target potential new markets, and for other marketing purposes.
VI. Special Cases.
It is our policy not to use or share the personal information about Visitors or Members in ways unrelated to those described in this Policy without also providing you an opportunity to opt out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses. However, we may disclose personal information about Visitors or Members, or information regarding your use of the Services or Web sites accessible through our Services, for any reason if, in our sole discretion, we believe that it is reasonable to do so, including:
1. To satisfy any laws, such as the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, regulations, or governmental, or legal requests for such information;
2. To disclose information that is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be violating our Acceptable Use Policy or other user policies;
3. To operate our Services properly;
4. To protect ourselves, our Members, and the general public. We specifically reserve the right to disclose any and all information to law enforcement in the event that a crime is committed, is suspected, or if we are compelled to do so by lawful criminal, civil, or administrative process, discovery requests, subpoenas, court orders, writs, or reasonable request of authorities or persons with the reasonable power to obtain such process.
5. We will always cooperate with law enforcement authorities, private-party litigants, and others seeking information about our end users to the extent required by applicable law. Examples of such cooperation include lawful criminal, civil, or administrative process, discovery requests, subpoenas, court orders, writs, or reasonable request of authorities or persons with the reasonable power to obtain such process.
VI. Transmittals from Us
We may send you periodic announcements including the details of our existing and new programs. You may opt out of these announcements by contacting [email protected] or by clicking the opt-out link at the bottom of these emails. If you opt out of these marketing emails, you may still receive system notices and other information that is specifically related to your account.
If you provide your information to us, use the Site, or subscribe to any of our services, you will have created a commercial relationship with us. In having done so, you understand that even unsolicited commercial email sent from us or our affiliates is not SPAM as that term is defined under the law.
VII. Public Forums, Member Directories, and Internal Messaging:
A. Public Forums – at the time of the instatement of this Policy, we do not offer any public forums, nor do we provide services that allow members to post messages to the public, nor to the membership at large. Nevertheless, we reserve the right to offer this service in the future. Any information posted to a Forum should immediately be considered to be public information.
B. Member Directories – Any information provided in a user profile, member directory, or other related service should be considered to be public information. We do not, can not, and will not act to maintain the privacy of any information that you provide in any such forum or medium.
C. Internal Messaging – We provide an internal messaging system for use between members of our Site. Any information that you send via this internal messaging system is not secure and is not considered to be private information. You should use caution when sending any personal information over the internal messaging system, and you should not transmit any information that you would not wish to see disclosed to the general public.
XIII. Our Commitment to Data Security.
We take measures, including data encryption, to protect the transmission of all sensitive end-user information. We make every effort to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems. Nevertheless, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third-party “hackers” from illegally obtaining this information. We take all reasonable measures to prevent such breaches of security, but given the resourcefulness of cyber-criminals we are unable to guarantee that our security is 100% breach-proof. You assume the risk of such breaches to the extent that they occur despite our reasonable security measures.
IX. How to Access or Modify Your Information.
We offer our Members the opportunity to access or modify information provided during registration. To access or modify such information, contact our Customer Service Department at http://www.GameServers.com/contact/.